Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Three Year-long Journey

"The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different."

It is completion of three years in US today, a totally different place, country and culture; in ASU, an endeavor to do something more with life; and in PhD, a desire to excel and make a difference to the rest of the world. As I look back, time seems to have just drifted so fast; however, each day has been different; and I have had the opportunity to gather a wide spectrum of variegated experiences, both professional and personal, sweet and bitter, which have been a great learning, preparing for the life in the coming future.

I find this quote so apt in describing the journey of our lives; when I came here, I was so excited about this whole new experience, apart from thoughts of finally being able to do what I wanted to do, and everything else. Each dawn it was something new, and I have come a long, really long way. I don't repent anything, I don't want to go back and change any bit of it. For, at the end of the day, it has been a learning of life; things you don't imbibe in formative education. And I want to gather that learning in the same manner as it has been, had I had the chance to go back and change anything.

There have been several changes about me. How I look at life, how I look into my future, how I judge relationships and how to be responsible for myself. Precisely maturity has crept in wide and deep; which has been for the better I strongly believe! Growing up has been a wonderful journey in the past three years here.

There were so many things which I was inquisitive about three years back, which I was skeptical about. I have answers to many of them now. I know where I am going to be in the next five years, a thought which used to be a question then. And still there are some questions which spring up every now and then and sweep my entire thought process. However, life is about getting more questions and the quest for their answers in the way, isn't it? And therein lies the role of the hidden future, a future which is obliged to be different from today - a hope that is always alive, in some remote corner of our mind.


2 comments:

alok said...

I appreciate each words associated with your experience from the journey. Somehow I can relate the feeling that it is straight from inside.

It’s not long time back; I have learnt or maybe still learning that “we are greater than our thoughts …” Nevertheless, the time plays a major role in it. There can not be a defined path of our journey of life but certainly it defines ‘who we are?’ We most of the times wonder how this journey by itself helps us to walk through other lives and finally a realization that so many things are untouched and unexplored but again it’s the spirit of the soul that keep us moving.

BTW, I forgot to wish you but it’s never late. Wish you a Happy 61st Independence Day :)

Munmun said...

@ Alok
Thanks for the great insight :) Wish you a happy 61st anniversary of the I day as well!