Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Journey so far...

PhD is a very long journey; a journey in the course of which you gain ten things, but probably lose ten other things as well. Three years down the line, and sometimes I now look back and think about the implications of this not so short journey. And not so surprisingly I see it has helped me be somebody I have always wanted to be. :)

I don't know where this journey is going to take me to. Neither can I imagine where my life would stand ten or twenty years down the line. However, I have started to understand one thing, it has helped bring to me an astounding freedom - a freedom which I am sure I would not have encountered unless I took the courage to embark on this mesmerizing yet traumatic journey...

Freedom has always meant a lot to me; because I have always loved to live for myself and loved to make the world a "free"er and better place to live in! PhD deserves as much as it can take; it is certain it would be as pleasant as it has always been! :)


No comments: